Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bugsy's Bar and Bistro

Bugsy's Bar and Bistro

Unit C 105 City Golf Plaza, Julia Vargas Ave. Pasig City, Metro Manila 
489-4985
Unit 1 Paseo Park View Tower, San Agustin St. cor. Sedeno St. Salcedo Vill. Makati City
501-5203

Discovered this place while I was looking for a party location for Chuck's graduation suprise party. His family was going to attend so I couldn't pick Bugsy's just because it wasn't homey and had yuppies as it's market. We did get to try it during my brother and his girlfriend's anniversary. Yep! Chuck and I tagged along. The last time I went to this restaurant was in Makati to visit my sister. She worked nearby. The one in Ortigas is next to the City Golf Range, so Chuck likes it there.



That's him putting. Anyway, here's their menu. They have a lot of food to choose from. Just read the description and you'll be craving for all in no time!




Here is what we ordered. For starters, we tried the Buffalo Wings. Taste is okay. Have tasted better Buffalo Wings though. Chicken is well cooked.




We also tried the Marco's Honey Garlic Tenders. This dish is to crave for! It is really good. Serving is big too. They were very generous with the sauce. It was served hot and crispy. YUM!




Another starter that we ordered is from their new menu called Salmon and Green Coral Salad. Salmon was good, but the salad lacked sauce for me. You'd have to scrape the plate to get sauce on your greens. Serving was also small for the price. Salmon nowadays are pricey, I guess?




On to the main courses. We ordered something light: fish and chips - battered dory fish fillet, fries, lemon butter sauce. Loved their lemon sauce! Fish was too soft for me, but good nonetheless. It disintegrates the moment you put your fork in it.




We also ordered Grandma's Country Fried Steak - breaded steak, mashed potatoes, country gravy. This dish is okay. I'd rather have the Honey Garlic Tenders with the rice.


For the last main dish, we ordered this pasta. Forgot the name. Seems like Carbonara to me. It was a normal tasting dish. 




We also ordered their famous Lychee Martini. I liked it when I tried it Citygolf, but I hated the one in Salcedo. Too strong.




Chuck got his usual. Jack Daniel's :)



Congratulations to the couple! We borrowed the hats of the waiters. :))

Verdict:
- Definitely a place to eat and drink with friends.
- A bit pricey but food is good. Catch happy hour until 8pm for their buy one take one promo on selected drinks!
- Will definitely come back for the other food on the menu and for the Marco's Honey Garlic Tenders. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home