Thursday, January 05, 2012

Cebu Country Club

Cebu Country Club
Banilad Road, Cebu City

Cebu is, if you don't already know, my hometown. Ikya and I go there every so often to visit my parents or to hang out with my friends. The first time she went there, we were not able to go the Cebu Country Club or CCC for short. I, however, am there all the time since I play golf there.

A few months back, I was back in Cebu again so I didn't hesitate on taking her to CCC. Just a word of caution though - I might be a little biased on this blog about the food since I'm a fan, but I will try to be impartial.

Here is what I ordered for the both of us.
 
 Classic Caesar Salad. People, it is what it is. I guess if you add a twist to a classic Caesar salad, it wouldn't be called a classic Caesar salad. The thing that makes a Caesar salad good for us is the balance of the sauce to the dry ingredients. some have too much dressing and others have too many greens. it also depends on your taste, but for us, this was a well-proportioned dish. aside from proportion, the portions were also good.
 
 Sizzling Gambas w/ Spam. This dish is basically what I grew up with. its deveined shrimp with egg, spices, chili, and, wait for it, SPAM! I know, the combination is not what you'd normally go with, but for this dish, it goes really well. the Japanese members made this popular. they made me try it and I was hooked. I guess you can say that they really know their seafood.


 Beef Salpicao. ok, by now you are probably thinking that I’d just be posting things I like and not be adventurous. this dish is, by all means, new to me and ikya. this is the first time I ordered it here because it is the first time that the club is offering it. worth a shot? hmmmmm we'd say "steady lang". the sauce was good but the beef was tough. it might have been overcooked or the part was not so soft. it’s just an OK for us.

Verdict:
- Family/golfers type of restaurant
- The price is kind of expensive for Cebu, but their servings justify it. 
- We will definitely be going back, its mandatory.
- The service is good as the waiters are very attentive and quick on their feet.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home